This is a major election year, and the University Libraries want to empower you with knowledge on registering to vote. You must be registered by October 5, 2020 in order to participate in the November Presidential Election.
Are you already registered?
Check here to find out if you’re already registered, and where: https://teamrv-mvp.sos.texas.gov/MVP/mvp.do
If you are already registered, confirm that it is in the county of your current residence. San Marcos is in Hays County, and Round Rock is in Williamson. If you live in the surrounding areas, you might be in another county.
If you are not registered in the county of your current residence you can change it no later than October 5, by using the same form as a new registration. It is important to change your registration because you must vote in the county in which you are registered.
If you are not registered, get registered by October 5.
If you live on campus, you can use your residence hall address for registering in Hays County. See txstate.edu/vote/res-hall.html for more information.
- September 17, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Student Government will be in the LBJSC Mall (the open space between the Student Center and Alkek Library) with forms. There will be deputized students who can assist with registering to vote in Hays County.
- Pick up a postage paid form at Alkek Library’s Ask Alkek Desk while they last.
- Print out your own form and mail.
- Registration in Texas can only be done in print through the mail, but you can fill out the form online, then print, sign, and mail it. Here’s the form that works for any county in Texas: https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/vrapp/index.asp
- DON’T FORGET TO PRINT, SIGN, and MAIL!
Learn more from our National Voter Registration Day Guide https://guides.library.txstate.edu/voting