Alkek Library welcomes new head of Information and Undergraduate Services

Hi! I’m Jess Williams (she/her/hers), the new Head of Information & Undergraduate Services. Before coming to Alkek, I was the Library & Learning Commons Director at Texas Tech University  Costa Rica. I’m thrilled to be at Texas State, where I can still practice my Spanish and I have the privilege of working with the incredible team of library staff who you see every day at the Ask Alkek Desk and at events throughout the semester. 

In my roleI empower my team to create and deliver services and events that make every undergraduate Bobcat feel like they belong at the Alkek Library.  

The library is so big and full of resources that it can be overwhelming to learn how to take advantage of them all. The Ask Alkek Desk near the main entrance on the second floor is the perfect place to start! Here, you can talk with someone who will listen to you and help you identify how to get what you need.  

My team and I know that college life is complex. That’s why we create #studywithme videoshelp you register to vote, make sure you have stress relief goodies and wellness activities during finals, teach you how to find articles for your paper, and curate books that will challenge you to make the world a better place 

We also love to introduce students to other resources throughout the library:  

• Ask A Librarian, a place to chat with an expert, schedule an appointment for research help, or use a guide specific to your class or subject. 
  • Alkek Onewhich features a variety of technology that support the maker culture, immersive reality, time-based media, geographic information systems and digital design. 
  • SLAC, where you can get walk-in tutoring or find your SI leader.  
  • Reservable study spaces 
  • ITAC, for help with your laptop, Canvas, Microsoft 365, NetIDs and more.  

Please say hello next time you’re at the Ask Alkek desksend me your ideas for new events or initiatives, or schedule an appointment for help with your research.